Tuesday 19 January 2010

Tactical Bathing

I haven’t posted for a while, you may have noticed, or maybe you didn’t. There are a couple of reasons for this, one, I have been a bit busy, and two, each day I didn’t post made it harder to come up with something good enough to justify breaking the silence, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I got the job. It’s only part time though, so I think I can still cling to the epithet ‘bum’. It’s very dear to me. I’m just waiting for my start date.

Last night we went out for dinner without the kid for the first time. My folks came round to baby sit. Despite spending the last two nights crying until one in the morning, the baby sittee (or should that be baby sat?) showed every sign of behaving like a little angel in front of them in order to make us look like fools. Lynne fussed about with bottles and sleepsuits, laying them out in easily accessible places and showing my mum where they were and so on, but I couldn’t get out of the door quick enough.

Ha ha! It was odd being out of the house, just the two of us. It really hit me as I got off the bus. It was a little tingle at the back of my brain, as if I had left the house with two bags and had come back with one and suddenly thought, ‘Oooh, I had something else, didn’t I?’

Tonight we bathed the baby. She is getting smarter. She knew exactly what was coming and was red faced and shrieking before she was even in the water. She has learned there is only one reason she is ever naked in the front room.

Lynne almost wavered, but held firm and grimly continued washing the baby down. The baby, seeing her last ally desert her, responded with the only card she had left and pooed copiously into the bath water. It was green. That brought an abrupt end to bath time, I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment