Thursday 6 May 2010

Election 2010!

So today I voted. It was no hardship; the polling station is right across the street from my flat. I thought about taunting the SNP guy handing out pamphlets outside, I could have opened the window and shouted, 'Do you want a cup of tea?' and when he said yes I could have replied, 'Aye, thought so,' and shut the window.

But that would have been childish.

We took time out from watching people go in and out of the polling station to go to the health centre to have the baby weighed. She hadn't been weighed since before she started on solid food. It turns out that she has lost three ounces. How can this be? She eats an incredible amount of food! Lynne feels guilty. I try to reassure her, three ounces is a very small amount of weight, and the baby is already huge anyway. The woman in the health centre doesn't seem worried, she says that dairy products are the answer. Cheese, yoghurt and milk. When babies start on the solids it happens, because veggies and stuff aren't packed with so many calories as the all milk diet. So we now have eight kinds of cheese in the fridge. I have just give the baby her tea, stuffing her with tuna and pasta, baby rice with a peach mixed through it and two cups of milk. I ate black pudding and mushrooms on toast. Nice.

Then I rocked I baby to sleep. She would fall asleep in my arms then wake up when I tried to put her down and start moaning. I had to deploy a Beatles song, sung by me, with the lyrics changed so that it was about tickly bums. In the end I managed to put her down and her eyes stayed closed, a little whine escaping from her lips like a deflating balloon.

Oh, and, because I know that you are dying to ask, of course I voted for Nelson Mandela Morgan Freeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment