Friday 14 May 2010

I Should Just Be Waking Up About Now

Well, the results of the election seem to have been met with widespread disappointment, as if people expected the ugly ducklings they voted for to turn into beautiful swans by morning. I am watching breakfast news,  breakfast news for God's sake, the morning after the first meeting of the new cabinet and the general mood of the nation seems to be surprise that the government is made up of the same old fuds that were on the telly before. Who would have thought it? There also seems to be rolling footage of a Bee Gee drinking champagne with be-medalled war veterans. I must be delirious. They must be congratulating him on his survival.

I have been awake for hours. At fucken hell o'clock this morning I had to get up and shovel baby rice into the kid, who has been up all night demanding milk. That is because she wouldn't eat her dinner. She had a big lunch, and for her dinner she had some asparagus spears, which she chewed up enthusiastically, and a plate of vegetable mush that she turned her little button nose up at.

Now she is grabbing her foot with both hands, grinning and talking shite to me as if it is all cool. It's not cool at all. I want to be in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment