Friday 14 January 2011

The Nightly Dishes Chat

I learnt something new about In The Night Garden today. The Tombilboos have names, they are called Un, Ooo and Eee. One, Two, Three in baby-talk see. I hadn't known they had names. After all this time. I felt a bit cheated, as if they were changing things about when it was all already decided. I had just thought they were all Tombliboos and that was it.

I shared this information with Lynne. She says I should make more of an effort to leave the house and talk to someone who isn't the baby. It's 9.45pm on a Friday night and we are doing the dishes. 

Lynne picks up her box of peppermint teabags from the pile of plastic tubs Shortie had thrown on the floor.

'Have I really got no teabags left?' she says, looking in it.

'The baby was eating them so I threw them out,' I say.

Lynne doesn't reply and I feel the need to justify my actions.
'Well, she was sitting there bouncing with a bunch of them in each fist, and they were all soggy, and she was looking up at me with her tongue out and it was covered in bits of tea,' I say. 'So I took them all off her and put them in the bin.'

Lynee puts the box down and says, 'You have the rest of the wine. I'll have cocoa.'

No comments:

Post a Comment