Thursday 15 April 2010

Some Logistical (un)Concerns

Last night I made a job lot of baby food. Sweet potato boiled up and mashed, put in to little pots and frozen. Regular potato and lentils, likewise. We are now out of little pots. The little pots are pretty useless anyway, we bought a load of them thinking they would be meal sized for the baby, but after only a few days on the solids she was chowing through three or four of them at a time. We need bigger little pots. (Hint; a handy little pot would hold at least four good desert spoons).

Even so, I have just tried to make stewed apples, despite having no little pots to put it in. I chopped up the apples, put them in a pan with a bit of water and left them on a low heat until they were fucking burnt.

The apples were shit anyway. They were the supermarket savers type, thrupence a tonne, and when I cut them up they had gone that fluffy way inside. I should have known better; I mean, russets in April? Please.

In other feeding news the baby has stopped waking up in the night wanting to be fed, which is good news for Lynne. A few times I got up in the night and tried to feed the baby some formula, but the baby would have no part of this, and would cry piteously until Lynne gave in and got up. The baby has been waking at about 5 or 6am, and I either take her through to the living room and feed her baby rice or mashed banana, or take her into the bed with us for a little further snoozing. I know this is spoiling the child and I shouldn’t really make a habit of it. Also, it is hard to continue sleeping while the baby is punching me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment