Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tuesday Morning

The baby woke up at 5am this morning. She wasn't hungry or anything, when I looked into the cot at the end of our bed she lay there grinning and wriggled a bit. She just wanted a chat.

'Ummm ummm ummm,' she said. 'Grrr-ohh, nah um da!'

She jabbered on like this for ages. Despite the presence of actual syllables in her banter, she is only six months old so it is far too early to expect any real talking from her. That means I have to listen to this cobblers for months yet.

'Ba bab bab bab ba,' I say.

She replies, 'Errr eh eh, ummm muh muh muh.'

I lie back and hold her high over my head, and a thin line of drool falls to connect our chins. She reaches out with her Fully Realistic Grasping Claws, grabs my ear and twists it, then attempts to chew my cheek. It's time for her banana and apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment